A new roof can average over $10,000, making it one of the more expensive home improvement tasks, but don't let the cost scare you! There are several ways that your new roof could put the cash back in your pocket. Here's how:
1. A New Roof Increases ProtectionIn the past decade, shingles have seen a significant increase in wind rating. During the 90s, shingles were being rated for 65-mph winds. Today, shingles easily rate for 120-mph winds and can often be found rating for up to 130-mph winds.
For homeowners, this means that a new roof offers better protection against the elements and can help save on minor repairs.
2. A New Roof Increases Energy EfficiencyChoosing an energy-efficient shingle can help lower utility costs and keep your home comfortable all year long. Start by selecting the right shingle color. Different colored shingles reflect different levels of light and heat. Highly reflective shingles can lower your electricity bill by reducing the amount of heat that penetrates your roof.
3. A New Roof May Offer Insurance SavingsInsurance companies will charge premiums for customers whose roofing is out of code. A new roof can bring your home up to current code and significantly reduce your insurance rates. Not to mention, it is much safer to live under a roof that follows these codes!
4. A New Roof Offers Superior Moisture ProtectionThere is a layer underneath shingles called underlayment that adds extra protection. Today’s underlayment is excellent at protecting the wood underneath your shingles. This extra level of protection can save you money on your homeowner’s insurance.
5. A New Roof Gives You Peace Of MindThe roof on your home protects your family, belongings, and more. By replacing or upgrading your current roof to one that is more energy-efficient and up to code, you can have peace of mind. Rest easy knowing what matters most to you is fully protected.
Have questions or need more information? Contact us today at 1-888-855-2331 or visit us on Facebook.
Subscribe to Infinity Roofing & Siding's Blog